The Vardo is not much more than a full-sized bed flanked by a couple of work surfaces over 35 cubic feet of storage space. It can be pulled behind virtually any car or removed from its trailer to rest in most any truck bed. It is pictured on these pages with an optional fireplace.
The plans pictured here are for the Lusby. Those for the rolling houses include instructions for attaching the house to the trailer. Please visit tumble – weedhouses. com for more information.
1. Worldwatch Paper 124, by D. M. Roodman and N. Lenssen, Worldwatch Institute, Washington, D. C., 1996.
2. NPR’s cartalk. com interview with Adam Stein and Tom Boucher.
3. U. S. Bureau of the Census.
4. National Association of Home Builders. $244,000 is the average price of all houses sold in August, 2008.
5. How Buildings Learn, by Stewart Brand, Viking Press, 1994.
6. Iowa City Building Codes.
7. Residential Street Typology and Injury Accident Frequency, by Peter Swift Associates, 1997.