There are many simple and inexpensive ways to make the bedroom a sanctuary that is free from these stressful fields. Here are five suggestions:
1. Use battery-powered clocks near the bed. Research has shown that exposure to high magnetic fields during sleep can cause severe long-term illness. Many electric clocks produce high magnetic fields.
2. Turn off circuit breakers affecting the bedroom while you sleep. A restful sleep is necessary for health and a strong immune system. Electric fields affect the biocommunication system, keeping you from sleeping soundly.
3. Use beds without metal. Metal frames and metal box springs can amplify and distort the Earth’s natural magnetic field, leading to a non-restful sleep.
4. Make sure there are no elevated magnetic fields. Magnetic fields from appliances and building wiring can penetrate walls into a bedroom and disrupt the body’s communication system.
5. Eliminate or shield from RF. Radio frequency signalsfrom portable phones, cell phones, and wireless devices have been shown to interfere with the body’s immune system. External sources need to be shielded. In today’s world of
ubiquitous cell phone towers and radio communications, there are many things you can do when building to block RF that will be bombarding your home. The first line of defense, of course, to measure the site before purchasing it and reject it if there are unacceptable levels of RF. If RFs cannot be avoided or are anticipated, the following should be considered:
• Use solid, dense building materials such as stucco, stone, brick, or concrete.
• Use low-emissive (Low-E) dual-pane windows with metal frames or frames painted with RF — reflective paint.
• Use foil or RF-reflective netting under the roofing or a grounded metal roof.
If you are not able to make major structural changes to the home, another option is to buy special shielding fabric that can be tented around you while you sleep. A source for this fabric is safe livingtechnologies. com. Beware of the multitude of devices on the market that claim to be effective against RF. The vast majority of these are gimmicks with limited or no measurable effect.